I’ve heard (if I’m remembering correctly) that there are three hunger mechanisms, and I believe that 2/3 of them are needed to feel hunger. I would appreciate any references / substantiation. As I remember they are…
1. Blood sugar levels (actually a hormone related to them): 1 point if low
2. Cognitive reasoning “should I be hungry”: 1 point if “yes!”
3. Stomach distension “is my tummy full”: 1 point if no
… get 2 or more points and you feel hungry (I think). Certainly makes sense for me.
The keys, therefore, to controlling hunger are…
1. Eat low GI breakfast so you slow burn all day
2. DECIDE you’re NOT going to eat and that’s that. Be strong.
3. Drink plenty of water and herbal teas
Hope this makes sense?